RE: Gallery of 2004-06-05

But, Emily, what would all the trust fund babies do if their only resource was their trust fund?  If grandpappy's invention is now the property of someone else, they might not get that late model BMW...

"Mom!  I hate you!  I wanted the read Beemer!  Not the green one!  Take it back now and get me the red one!"

wildimages@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>Jsut because I put out the effort and skill to acquire a piece of
>real estate doesn't mean that 70 years after I die it should revert
>to public domain.

Emily

Columbus "discovered" America ... should Europe be paid royalties for ever
more???

Copyright is not a right - it is something society allows.
Perchaps we should have permanent patent too - meal ticket for life for
anyone who can prove their ancestor helped develop any of the things most
of us take for granted!

Grrr.

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do you Yahoo!?