Re: Venus trying to eclipse the Sun

Very impressive, Andy. I can even see sun flares on the 3m image. Can you say if the specks in both photographs are dust or sunspots?

Sydney,

I don't know much about sunspots and such but I'd say that if the spots appear
on the photo taken with the Questar and the "improvised" 3m gear then they
would have to be sunspots. There are a couple of spots that definitely are
'cause I asked myself the same question.

By the way, I made a photograph of the combined 300mm lens w/ 28mm lens plus
all the bellows and extension tubes I had available - you can see it at: http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/photofile-c/venus-3000mm-1.jpg

and I added a few words to the description - but a picture is worth a 1,000 words, no? So, just go by the photo as to what this contraption was! :)

cheers,
andy