Confessions of a neophyte gallery curator

Hello PhotoForum Members,

I was going to send this message to Andy privately because I know he is wondering what is going on with his "Little Faces" exhibit, but I thought others may be interested, also.

Recently, I mentioned a strip mall that is slowly becoming an "art space."   Andy was generous enough to lend the "art space" gallery his wonderful exhibit, "Little Faces."   This is to be our our attempt at a grand opening.

The exhibit was supposed to be opening in early May, but if something can go wrong - or take an unprecedented amount of time - it is, and the exhibit hasn't opened yet.   (Your work is safe and sound, and has been hanging on the gallery walls for some time, Andy.)

As an example, the post cards/invitations for the show were supposed to be in my hands weeks ago.   I waited for them to be delivered - and waited - and waited, and then called the company to see what was taking so long.   They had lost our order and that I was waiting for the work was news to them.   But life goes on.

The show will be opening next Saturday and it should be fun.  Along with Andy's exhibit, album cover art from the 60's and 70s will be displayed.

The strip mall itself, has been reason for delay.   Several stores have been rented and are opening this month, or are all ready open.   There is a vintage record store; places for music lessons, art lessons and photo workshops are set up, and a furniture store that may display some of the work of local artists all ready to go.
 he preparation for these businesses opening has taken a vital member of my gallery "staff" away from the gallery.

If anyone of you would like a commemorative post card of Andy's show, please e-mail me your mailing address privately and I'll make sure you get one.   (Please keep in mind it may be Christmas before I get these post cards {:->)

Smilingly (what else can you do?)

Marilyn