Re: PF Exhibits on May 29, 2004

At 8:27 AM -0400 5/29/04, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated 29 MAY 04. Authors
with work now on display at  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

Marilyn Dalrymple - Shadow in a frame

Neat-o. Floor? Looks like clay to me! (But I'm a New Englander and we don't have clay floors here.)

Russ Baker - Deb

Sure. OK. But why is cleavage necessary? Nice highlights in the eyes.

Jim Davis - Great Reed Warbler

Amazing, these people who can shoot birds. A little light on the bird's back would have been nice.... Is that phragmites?

Bob Talbot - Spiderettes

Cute, but too much reed, not enough detail in spiders.

Margaret Lucas - early morning lobstering

I think I would have moved the boat over so that there was more of the sunrise to the left, and it would have been even better if the boat had been heading towards the left. You might have had to settle for a silhouette and some hot fire sunlight off the wake, but all that dead space on the right wouldn't have taken up half the pic. You might try tweaking the curves in Photoshop to increase the contrast. Then dodge the boat and wake a bit to compensate.

Rich Mason -

Wonderful. I love this. In search of this I'm thinking of going to Iowa in the end of June for a folk festival on the big river. How neat it would be to find some of this there too.

Jim Snarski - Out of Kenya

Seems like a graduated neutral density filter would have been of some use, or a lot of time dodging the hills behind. The bg is very dark and so are the necks of the giraffes while the feet are burning. Would have been handy if the sun had decided to come out behind the animals while you were shooting.... Also, would have been nicer if there had been a way to make the animals appear in some pattern. Of course they're random, they're not posing, but they look sufficiently random that it looks like a snapshot.

Trevor Cunningham - Red 7

Just gorgeous. thank you for sharing this with us. Sensuous curve in the waterline, luminous tones in the orangey pink redness. Who needs cleavage when they can have this?!

Don Roberts - Hierve el Agua

Hold my nose! Very nice, tones in the sulphurous top of the waterfall are very nicely controlled. I suppose you could have tried a few other angles, but there's a lot I like about this one, too. Gives the impression of an edge, and also of the fluidity of the solid substance on it.

Paresh Pandit - the pole

oh dear. Brutal urban environments. Neat subject for b&w. Looks a t'ch unsharp and I'd like a little more light on whatever that connector box is below the procelain resisters, or whatever they are.

WRGill - Wildflowers and Driftwood

Seems very dark and the driftwood isn't grey or wood color. Perhaps some color correction needed?

Thanks to everyone involved in our wonderful silly group!

I'll bet Andy never anticipated when he began experimenting with time exposure that he'd be heading off spam and running a list of opinionated people talking about photography.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822