RE: PF Exhibits on May 29, 2004

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated 29 MAY 04. Work
now on display at  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

              Marilyn Dalrymple - Shadow in a frame

Strange, like taking a shadow.  Its quite nice though - and I like the idea
of carrying a camera always.

              Russ Baker - Deb

Great shot of a good looker.

              Jim Davis - Great Reed Warbler

Nice nature shot.  Shows the bird very well.

              Bob Talbot - Spiderettes

Well is shows this social insect with the spiders huddling.  But I don't
like spiders. UURGH.

              Margaret Lucas - early morning lobstering

Well you sure live in a nice place.  Bet its cold in winter.  That is a
pleasant scene you have captured.  I hope your neighbour was not too upset
at turning his boat round, just for a photograph!  He might have thought you
were in trouble.  Early morning, so you are on the East coast, yes?

              Emily L. Ferguson - approaching the windward mark

The toning is a bit weird with this image....  We usually associate the
technique with the old world image, or the type of shot that was taken in
the 1890's.

              Rich Mason -

Is this America?  Not just size but quantity too.  Like the regimented row.
I assume you were in the plains where the grain grown?

              Jim Snarski - Out of Kenya

MMMM. A Safari.  Looks like some game, good bit of meat.  But you only got a
picture.  Did you sample the game meat while you were in the park?  The
Background is blue, presumably because of ultra-violet.  So you need a UV
filter.  And a High Solar input film for Africa.

              Trevor Cunningham - Red 7

Nice bit of record photography.  Taking it as it is.  And the info on the
plankton is interesting.  And the bit about the salt.

              Don Roberts - Hierve el Agua

Sulphur pools?  Is it actually Sulpher, the element, or Sulphate?  So if it
is Sulphate the pool is water with a high concentration of a Sulphate,
probably calcium sulphate.  Must smell strongly too if it is a hot spring?

              Paresh Pandit - the pole

I wonder if it is electricity of telephones or both?  Is the insulators
supporting 250 volt electricity supply and the wires lower down the
telephone, or is it the other way round.  Could be either, I've seen both in
this country.  I would guess that the insulators at the top carry telephone
wires as they don't look big enough for high tension power?

              WRGill - Wildflowers and Driftwood

Nice peaceful seaside(?) scene!  Bet you had a nice walk.