RE: How many times?

Hi Emily,

First of all congrats on the extra, or "found" income. It is always nice
when that happens. The truth is that as always the market is wide open.
We don't often think this way -  but someday one of the Keno (antique
roadshow) brothers grand sons will evaluate an original photograph by
the acclaimed sailing photographer Emily L. Ferguson!!! The print
created by your hand will fetch some printsly (sorry) sum of $$$,$$$.

Who will buy and keep your wonderful images once you have gone to the
great beyond?

This is where investing in oneself comes into play. The truth is her
paintings of your photos are just a knockoff of your work. Sure it takes
good blueprints to build an outstanding boat but it also takes
craftsmanship, perseverance, and intimate knowledge of the subject. She
does not have the skills to do the hard part, that is why she is relying
on you.

Remember anyone can trip a shutter, it takes a photographer to create an
image. Building a need where there is none requires sales skills.

We are all craftsmen at different levels within time. How well you sell
has nothing to do with your capability with a camera as much as it does
with inventing a need for others to buy your work. Along with that is
the simple fact that you can sell 10000 cards or 5 custom made original
prints of your creations, you decide. Would you like your images over
the fireplace in the finest homes or stuck to the fridge?

And I agree with you about Kincaid, as far as I am concerned he may as
well be making Precious moments paintings.

<The first is:

<Why can't photographers get that kind of money for their work?  Their
<vision is just as essential to the success of the work, their skills
<are different but equally disciplined and sophisticated.  A fine
<photograph can be printed that size and framed that luxuriously.

So how about it, are there any monster prints for sale yet?

Good luck and I want 10% cheerleader fees

Les Baldwin