Re: Test of Embedded Image

> it sure enough showed up in the message. Not as an attachment.
> Not stripped out.

I am not sure if RIT's virus detection system would pick up and eliminate
a picture file such as was sent (improperly but ... ) although the true
test would have been if a virus was indeed hidden in the picture file data.
I will look into this. Please don't send virus test files.

At this time the server has some filtering and file size limits associated
with it but I don't recall what they are. Worms or viruses often are smaller
than these limits I believe so only a check of each piece of mail would allow
it to remove harmful stuff from being propagated. Virus elimination is a major
project that the local postmaster staff engages in.

Andy

Andrew Davidhazy, andpph@xxxxxxx - PhotoForum on the Internet