Re: Gallery Review 5-22-04

Re: Fletcher Jernigan's submission.

>>Trevor Cunningham

I’d get into it more if the background was more vague. Interesting color arrangement.<<

>>Greg Fraser

Seems too cyanny to me. Sure is sharp though and I like the feeling of depth and pain.<<

>>Qkano

Joint favourite this week (with John's shot)

Brilliant what digital can do, so much more vibrant/sharp than
anything that can be captured on film :o)
I really like this: it's a natural shot of a weed with no apparent
effect to "over-garden" the background: the flower head really jumps
out at you (in a way only a digital camera could capture?).  The
background is just right for me: enough bokeh to separate it from the
flower but not too much that it's all blur.

The black bit top left: don't mind it really but I would not be
surprised if it upset others.

Oh!!!!, it was taken on film, Oh well, sorry for the heretical
comments above.<<

My thanks to Trevor, Greg and Qkano for the reviews and the kind words.

This was my first use of Fuji Astia slide film as a replacement for Kodachrome. So far, so good, although most of the shots were a little underexposed. I used a 50mm f2 Nikkor-S Auto lens with a Close-up No.2 accessory lens hand held. The bokeh and 3D effect prompted me to submit the image. But please, Bob...it's not a weed, it's one of nature's wondrous wildflowers. :o(

Fletcher