Gallery Review

John Warner

Sailboat

I really like how that yellow stripe just stands out against the general murkiness of the rest of the image.  The grain on the water reflection is a little inconsistent with the top half of the picture and throws me off a bit.  I?m wondering what the shot would look like with the boat in the foreground and more fog bank for background.

Dan Mitchell
Washroom

Bleak, desolate, and soul-less is correct!  I find myself staring at this picture getting sucked into a void (color?  b/w?  b/w/color?  Argh!).  There?s something rather disturbing about it, like that one room in your house you really don?t like to go into for some reason you can?t put your finger on.  It needs a scary story to go with it.

Christopher Strevens
Sol at Midday

Good old Sol.  Lovin? the clouds and the range of tones in them.  Almost storm like.  I also like how the leaves are almost transparent.  The leaves in front are a little out of focus though.

Alberto Tirado
Comet NEAT

I?m often inspired to go out at night with a tripod in the desert here (Egypt) as the star displays are awe inspiring.  I remember seeing Haley?s comet back in the 80?s with a little telescope and wishing I could have a picture of exactly what I saw.  Did the comet look much different through the scope?

Trevor Cunningham
Worn Down to Self

The reason I?m proud of this picture is that it?s my first heavy duty PS manipulation.  Shot with plain old Kodak Gold 200, there was a street light in the middle to upper left portion of the image in the clouds under the patch of blue.  I have trouble seeing the work, but I?m hoping a trained eye could tell me if there?s something obvious about it.

Fletcher Jernigan

I?d get into it more if the background was more vague.  Interesting color arrangement.

jIMMY Harris
Yellow Flowers

I like this one.  I get a kick out of how the curve of the flower stems is so uniform towards the sun, they almost look choreographed.  Decent depth of field.  At the angle shot, do you think a hood might have stopped the spots?

Andrew Davidhazy
Flight deck view

WOW!  Did they surround you with aimed weapons the second the batteries hit the deck?  I?ve always wondered how jumpy the Navy can be.  I?m sure the officer?s frown would have been a good shot.  Are they pretty clear as to what you can and cannot take pictures of?  Or do your points of access pretty much define that on their own?  Too cool.

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do you Yahoo!?