Review

Emily L. Ferguson
sun and wind

This shot took me a couple of times to look at before I really warmed up to it.  I like the contrast of the straight picket shadows and the chaotic nature of the sand ripples to make this man vs. nature lattice in the sand.  The fence itself being in the picture really pulls me into this murky cold place.  It?s almost too bad that the there wasn?t sun exposed sand behind the fence too.

Guy Glorieux
Montreal, Silo 5 in Old Harbour (#2)

I?ve always appreciated industrial photos that are void of people.  It always seems to add a gloominess that reflects the nature of the industrial world.  Whenever I?ve seen people in the picture, it always makes me think of labor propaganda.  Nice shiny reflection, gritty and dirty background.  The water will soon wash it all away.

D.L. Shipman
Haliaeetus Leucocephalus

Which one will get the puppy first?  Nice shot.  Simple.  I'm sick of shots that try to glorify this bird by showing it in action.  This does a great job of illustrating the calculated, stalking predators they really are (big zoom?  I would find it intimidating to sneak up on a bird the size of a person).  Fantastic national symbol.

Jeff Spirer
Mirror Mirror

Fantastic shot.  I love the absence of facial definition in the mirror, as well as her identity being hidden by the hair.  But the Rorschach gray and white camouflage in between throws me off a bit.

Deen Hameed
Deckchair

I?m with Bob on the name/copyright stamp.  Although, it does seem a fitting location for a company title and perhaps was your intent to display as such.  I like the color and back wall.  I think it could use a little action, perhaps a ball rolling down the hill.

Darryl Gage
Found Objects

I would like to see the oil gun a little better.  I don?t really understand why this still life has a portion out of focus.  Handheld?  Aperture compensation for low light?  Good lighting exercise, makes me think of more things I can do with my students next year.  Thanks!

Jim Snarski
Gulf Frittilary

Well framed/cropped.  The out of focus background I find stimulating, but the out of focus subject I do not.  Scanner issue?

WRGill
North Trail

It?s too bad those trees are receiving better light than the rocky cliff.  Even more, it?s too bad the trees are receiving more of my attention.  I really want to see more of the crashing wave action at the bottom of the rocky cliff.

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do you Yahoo!?