Deckchair - Re: Review of Gallery: 2004-05-15

	The squares on the wall are little tiles. On the real image, they're all very distinct and quite delicate.

	The ground is not level because I was using a waist-level C330 in failing light. It was probably level in the negative, but it ws scanned on a flatbed scanner that did not have a holder for MF film... I just shoved the negative there as best as I could and shut the lid before it curled on me. I guess I could have corrected the slope in PS, but then I would also correct the exaggerated cast and the scratches.

	I can't understand the bit about the film plane being parallel to the wall, but there is no slope. The camera was held very close to the floor, and that's why the whole thing up to the chair is blurred.

	I was trying to stop theft of a 500px thumbnail... i was just stuffing around with IrfanView to resize the original scan, and found i could shove any text anywhere in the frame with a keystroke... maybe i shouldn't have... it doesn't matter. It's hardly a Van Gogh.

	Personally, I think it is a nice image (the original), but not one of those fine-art things... If it were (fine art by deen hameed, hah!), I wouldn't shrink it down to 500px and display on a monitor.. Maybe I should rename it Sloppy Workflow.

Best,
	Deen