From: <kpp@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2004 1:49 AM
Subject: Re: Are we to take C41 dev for granted?

> trevor, intra-culture hummor does not work most of the times...
> i cannot understand/conceive if your e-mail it is genuine humor, or you
are scolding me, or what....

> anyway here is a not that serious answer to your e-mail....
> if you think that such a method would work, you are wrong, and i am
unlucky...

> 1. the operator i was refering too is distant family...so this is a bad PR
move

> 2. the guy and his brother have printed all my IPSC shooting pics and then
some with more serious guns than that...they already knew their client, but
they still had the boldness and courage to make their own way

> 3. that lab operator does not know about fear...he REALLY is the most
experienced, risk-taking and battle-hardened cameraman in Greece...i am
taliking Iraq both of the times, kosovo, serbia, croatia & Bosnia...name it,
he has been there.(and this is the only time i an not hummoring you). so how
can i put up with any of the REAL thinks that he have seen?

> 4. it all ends up i am an awfully unlucky bastard...
>
> BTW what is Snitty?
>
> >I've often found the minilab operators to be rather snitty and in need of
alternative encouragement.  Unfortunately, with the bombing in Athens,
security has now been forced to tighten up in Greece and would make the
following more difficult to get away with.  If you receive a roll back that
has too much grain, spots or streaks,  even the slightest color imbalance,
the natural course of action is to borrow (if you do not already own) a
large, quiet, and potentially deadly animal, walk into the photo lab, draw
your firearm and shove it through his teeth, pinning him against the wall.
Make some ultimatum styled threats and be sure to include one that is
completely unrelated to further develop his guage of just how fragile you
really are.  I bet you they'll even provide you with coupons and
complimentary deluxe negative storage sheets with each roll you bring them
in the future.

_________