RE: red/blue 3-d imagery (light question, not photography)

I assume the projector emits two images, one blue for the LH? and the other
red for the RH?  But is the image in colour?  Or can the system only display
monochrome?  I would have thought only mono stereo images could be used.

There is a better system using a horizontally polarised polarising filter
for one eye and a vertically polarised polarising filter for the other. So
the images may be in full colour.

But the one I like uses a special screen containing an array vertical
cylindrical lenses and the images is a series of narrow strips behind each
lens containing picture information.

An even better one was proposed by Lau in the 19th century which was an
array of small lenses with a disc of picture information behind each lens so
that the original wave front may be re-created (the eye cannot see phase
and incoherent light is ok)

The hologram method is an even nicer one....  Here the original wave front
is recreated from a diffraction pattern on a plastic surface.

Chris
http://www.chrisspages.co.uk