Gallery Review

Amy West

Cute shot, very Hallmark-ish.  A soft gentle baby in a field of soft gentle flowers.  Now, a field of cacti or carnivorous plants would have given us a little more subject contrast.  But I guess we?ll have to settle with the coincidental composition of yellow, blue, and green.

WRGill
The Point at Point Lobos, CA

Wow.  I like how that far rock sort of pops out of the image.  Others may not like the high contrast, but I do.  I think it adds a little tension to an image of a harsh condition or situation that may not be easily captured otherwise.

Scot Coveyou

Fantastic colors!  It almost has a flag feel to it.  I find myself wanting a bit more depth of field.  Or, perhaps, throw the foreground out of focus and just present as an abstract color display.  Did you beef up the colors in PS?  I remember living in the Pacific NW and it being green, but never this colorful!

Robert G. Earnest
Tribal Markings

I always have to remember that many people on this list make their living from what I treat as a hobby gotten out of control.  I looked at the title with the thumbnail, then the picture, and immediately started looking for the can of Mountain Dew.  Instead, I see a guy holding a glass, with ice?, while on the trail.  Whiskey ad?  Whatever, advertising work or not, well done.  Although, the blur on the far left head is a little distracting and their bikes are a lot cleaner than they are.  Which mountain is that in the background?  It has a Cascades feel to it.

Jim Davis
Near Sunset at the Duck Pond

I?ve recently learned the finer details of dodge and burn in my BW darkroom.  But, with PS, could you lighten up the foreground without losing any veracity?  It just seems a little dark and depressing.  Funny looking trees, deciduous conifers?

Elisha Page
Morning Steam

Good shot.  I always like shots that purposely use smoke or steam for some reason.  Would like to see more of the horse, but you would lose the effect without a brighter background.

Kostas Papakotas
rust, rust, rust

Not sharp enough to bring out the texture.  Seems to be a bit of a fuzz to it.  Good light use though.

Pini Vollach
Statue's shadow

I?m trying very hard tog et my students to appreciate available light, but they?re having a hard time with it.  I?m assuming the white light from the left was a window/doorway or a lit display?  Great exposure, I love how the shadow seems to be frightened by the hanging ball!

Jeff Spirer
Creep Show

Interesting.  The little reflection on the window seems to kind a sense of life to the mannequin.  It seems to have hope and direction.  What will be revealed when the bandages are removed?

Trevor Cunningham
Prison Reception

I agree with whoever stated that it needs a bowl of grapes on the table.  But, at the same time, I?m sure any prison could use a little design work on the interior.  Some curtains would do wonders for those bars.  The Manial Palace is now a museum, and probably felt like one when it was inhabited.  This just felt like a place where the prisoner met his guests in a more close and private setting.  Perhaps hands would be held on this table.

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do you Yahoo!?