Re: Ilford HP5 Plus development

karl Shah-Jenner wrote:
try www.digitaltruth.com 's massive development chart

This is a very good source for start times. But I wouldn't depend upon it for untested film.

E.G., It shows that 100TMX with an E.I. of 100 developed in TMaxRS 1:9 at 24ºC (my standard) is 12.5 minutes. My normal dev time with an E.I. of 125 is about 8.5 minutes. And my water source ph & hardness are right on target according Kodak.

In Trevor's case it shows that HP5+ exposed at an E.I. of 500 developed in TMaxDev (not RS) 1:9 at 24ºC has a dev time of 15 minutes. But Trevor's actual normal dev time could be anywhere from 7 - 20 minutes if his water source is significantly higher or lower in ph and/or hardness.

Peace!
Sidney