Re: What's this?

Achal Pashine wrote:
....but, some of them were still decisive (compared to Rumsfeld sitting still under the spotlight or Dean
standing still near a window in natural light, which are in my subjective
judgment 'expressive' but not decisive). I admire Burnett for doing what he
is daring to do and the images, as I said, are stunning. obviously, this is
MHO.

The "decisive moment" as you are using it, Achal, has only to do with anticipating the most opportune instant for exposing the film when all will come together into that composition that will best tell the story. It's not necessarily about stopping action. It has only to do with "the moment". With this understanding, Burnett's photographs express the decisive moment.

He is a PJ, will he go to Fallubjah and get the picture of a burning vehicle
or dead contractors hanging from Euphrates bridge (what a horrifying brutal
act, prayers go to the families) with his ektar lenses on a 4X5?
-achal

I think this is hardly the point. In those situations he might do as any other pj worth their salt and use the equipment necessary to achieve the assignment. But in the topic at hand, that being the Democratic campaign, he was free to choose a format that has been forgotten by others in his field. With it he made some very attractive photographs that expressed the moment very well, images no one else with all their auto-everything was able to preserve.

Peace!
Sidney