RE: PF Exhibits 03-27-04 (revised)

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated 27 Mar. 04.
Authors
with work now on display at  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html
include:

              John Mason - Staging Lane, Eastside Raceway, 21 March 2004

This is technically good and resembled the work of Ansel Adams.  His photo
of the last steam train (somewhere) is brought to mind.  Well done.

              Don Roberts - Sure and Certain Hope

Not for the graveyard though.  Sure looks decayed.  I suppose it is a
cremation.  I wish I could hope....

              Dan Mitchell - Lynn Ferry

A nice Norfolk scene.  Its been like that since the stone age.  But now they
use petrol to speed them across.  And radar.  And denims.  .....

              Peeter Vissak - 6 o'clock drink

Nicely caught.  The sky is quite dark.  You must be quite southerly because
at 6 it is surely night at high latitudes until summer...

              Pini Vollach - Farm

I don't really like the out of focus bit - looks distorted like the lens had
been smeared with Vaseline?  The saw looks ominous but surely out of use,
otherwise there would be a cover on it.

              WRGill -

Bit magenta - was it really that colour?  Photoshop makes it easy but not
always better.  You have to be skilled.....

              Christopher Strevens - Street

It is a filter on virtual painter, a plug in by jasc.  I like the effect.  I
also corrected the verticals and rotation and lens distortion with another
plug-in filter.

              Jim Davis - Backlight on White Bird

That is nice.  Lost a bit of detail in the backlit part of the bird.  Might
have been better as a simple silluette (can't spell)

              Bob Talbot - Flamingo

Yes its a pattern picture.  Makes a change from the straight image of a
bird.  Its OK.

              Andrew Davidhazy -

She's a lovely lady and is probably a housewife with a grown-up family now.
She has you to thank her for her career as a Kodak model....?

Thanks to all the contributors.  Nice to see a healthy gallery and critique
on the list server.

Chris.