Re: can there be art photography ...

"kpp@xxxxxxxxxx" <kpp@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> this is a quickie, just to keep the mails moving...
>
> can there be art photography without consumer photography?
>
> what do you think?

In a practical sense, the equipment and materials development is
largely paid for by consumer and commercial photography in our world.
For example, the billions (I'm guessing) recently spent on digital
wouldn't have been spent if the only market were serious artists, I
think.

In a philosophical or artistic sense, I'm sure it would be
*different*, since it wouldn't have the same sort of ubiquitous
photographic images to play off of, but artists work in any medium
that's around and strikes their fancy, so I'm sure some would be
working in photogrpahy, even if that were the *only* use of
photography.
RKBA: <http://noguns-nomoney.com> <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>
Photos: <dd-b.lighthunters.net>  Snapshots: <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>