Bob asked for a translation

"Qkano" <wildimages@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>What does the wrtiting say on the stone (this weeks's gallery)

Good question Bob, and I thought the group might be interested too -
oo oh - ta - po - pi - water poppy! Ya they sure have a weird way of
writing English using Katakana.

I actually didn't include the translation to see if anyone was
interested, or knew it. These little concrete (fake wood) signs are in
places around the pond. Some are in Japanese. Last year if anyone
remembers, I submitted a photo with another one. It said heeshee,
which means Water Chestnut in Japanese.

--
Jim Davis
Nature Photography