Re: PF Exhibits on 03-20-04

Jim Davis
Caught Napping

Nice profile.  Ass in face, condescending glance
back?bad duck.  I know you live in Japan, but I?ve
always wondered about the picture locales.  I always
get this remote location vibe from your photos, and
from the little I know of Japan, that just isn?t
always likely.  Do you have a common shooting
location?  How remote is it?  I took students to a
bird sanctuary in Portland, Oregon once and had some
amazing sightings within the city limits.   If it
weren?t for the train, I?d have thought I was in the
woods.

Alberto Tirado
The flag of the poor

I?m a math freak, so geometry is a bias of mine.  Like
the simplicity and concept, but without the
description, the meaning would be completely lost.
Although, the pink reminds me of my time in Marakesh
wandering around the residential maze of the souk off
Djam el Fna.

John Palcewski
Maria II

The gray on the right throws it off for me.  I would
prefer an all black background.  I don?t know, last
week?s spoke more to me.

Greg Fraser
>From a Bridge

Damn strip malls.  Beautiful.  I?m waiting for the
thaw went they remove the dead body from the car (it
looks like a car in the river to me).

Don Roberts
Fading Glory

Sell it to the Kerry campaign.  You?ll make a mint.
Seems to be freaking out a bit at the top, lots of
distortion.  A little cropping maybe?

Bob Talbot
Stony Cove

I?m a diver myself?2 degrees!  Brrr!  The geese I?m
familiar with aren?t this friendly.  Good thing they
have protection.  You do any underwater photography?
I?m looking to get my advanced as soon as I get my gas
intake under control.

jIMMY Harris
POLES

Nice action shot.  Wish the stop on the girl was as
good as the stop on the horse.  Look at the colors on
the barn in the back!  You ever read Equus?

Christopher Strevens
Silver Sea

Funky.  Now I know where those posters I used to see
in college come from.  Would like to see some
advertising work done with this.

Jeff Spirer
Kerchief

Great contrast!  Is the digital grain a result of
changes for the gallery?

Achal Pashine
Building in Denver, CO

I?ll agree, Denver sucks.  I like to do a lot of
architecture shots myself.  But I never would have
touched this building.  Nice treatment, rather
Kafka-esque.  It just goes to show how perseverance
can find an end to your means.

=====

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham