Comments on Homer

<IMO>

Thanks to all who made the effort to comment on my image in this
week's gallery.

Special thanks to Trevor on his first review: well he did say
<<< Indeed, it is a photo, and that's all I needed to hear.  The wall
speaks to me.  My favourite this week.>>>

Well, it was indeed just a photo ;o)

What else did I learn?

Well, when I saw the image (before I even looked through the camera)
I'd noticed the face and the patch of yellow lichen just said "Homer
Simpson".
Posting the picture with no details (and a nondescript title) - Jim
came up with the same ID as I had. Can I be sued for copyright?

As to the other reviews:

Shyrell wrote:
<<<The thumbnail looked like a cartoon face. >>>
Yes: what surprised me was that the thumbnail looked so much more like
a face than the full scale image.

<<<But I like that very much. The bigger picture, of course, shows
more detail, but I can still see the face with the snowball eyes and
the plant tongue sticking out of the mouth. I like this
composition.>>>

On the same line Rich wrote:
<<<I have a feeling this one needs to be seen much larger to be fully
appreciated.>>>
The slide carries far more information than my scanner can extract in
a mere 10 million pixels ... and there is so much fine detail
(texture) in the weathered brick / concrete.  It really did not
jpef-compress well.   But in another sense the detail (perhaps
artefact?) was not the main point.   The face was everything to me -
maybe I should have stuck to the thumbnail!

<<<Did you do any close-ups of the orange lichen area? If not, you may
have missed an opportunity.>>>
Well, yes, good suggestion;o)

There are lots of days when I can do lichen close-up - this was just
for the face.   Maybe I should scan and post just a lichen shot some
day.

WR wrote:
<<<I enjoy the melting ice on the lichen, is the orange stain from
decomposed lichen?  >>>
Well ... the lichen was not decomposing ...

Again; thanks for all the feedback.
It makes it worth contributing the photos.

Bob
</IMO>