Re: Photographing strip malls

Achal,

You are allowing yourself to be deceived by facades. Have you gone around back to see what these places really look like? Are they built to service any fewer vehicles in their acres of asphalt--have you seen these places from the air?

I photographed a big box shopping center from the air, and all their environmental beauty was confined to thin strips of greenery used to camouflage the acres of black asphalt.

A quote come to mind:
"Let's put some lipstick on that pig" --author unknown

Cheers,
Rich