Re: Photographing strip malls

Well, money may rule, but who says it has to, and that we can't change? Money ruled when we had slavery. Money ruled when women didn't have the right to vote or exercise the full privileges of citizenship. And, money ruled when we rebelled against the tyranny of King George.

Now the time has come for us to rebel against the corporate lords who would have us believe that more--and more, and more, and more--is better.

To somehow hope to make this a bit more topical, here's a link to some good reading, accompanied by some excellent photography:
www.oriononline.org/pages/oo/curmudgeon/index_MaulofAmerica.html

And another piece, with a couple interesting photos:
www.oriononline.org/pages/oo/curmudgeon/index_Kunstler.html

And yet another from Orion Magazine, from which the following quote comes:
"If aliens from outer space visited this planet they would quickly decide that the ruling beings have four wheels; certainly, the two-legged creatures seem eager to sacrifice to the automobile their time, fortune, and quality of life. Add a lane, pave it over, build a strip mall. If there is a shred of natural beauty left, erase it. All hail to the automobile! The automobile rules."
www.oriononline.org/pages/oo/curmudgeon/index_Raymo.html

Nothing changes unless we make it change.

Cheers?

Rich