Review: PF Exhibits on 03-06-04

At 11:23 AM -0500 3/6/04, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated 06 Mar. 04. Authors
with work now on display at  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html  include:

Jeff Spirer - Scarred Head

Uh. OK. If you must. Not sure about the blank space above the head. Sort of think the image would be more interesting if there were only the top the head.. Is the owner of the brain inside that skull OK?

Gregory david Stempel - Southbound Freight

Neat - O. I was thinking there might have been some rear curtain flash sync to get the sharpness of the lettering on the train. Don't quite remember - what was the exposure time?

Jim Davis - Getting Airborn

Yeah. I agree with Chris. Sort of shame it was flying away so directly. But then, one can't ask the bird to take off when we're ready.

Trevor Cunningham - Terran Tissue Arrangement B

I still think there's just too much information here to make a composition. I tried looking at the thumbnail to get an overall view and it seems random, while the enlarged version seems again too flat and not organized by the photographer. The hard thing is to figure out how to organize this sort of found situation.

WRGill -

Interesting. Which hole of the golf course is this one on? Waiting until later in the day, when the sky might have been reflected in the windows or, better still to me, a sunset reflected in them, would be another way to go. The composition seems better balanced than last week's picture but it's a very plain repertorial image. Really says not much more than "see house?" "See house show off wealth?"

Don Roberts - Ramparts

Ah. We start with granite and end with venting our furnaces and dryers! I do like the color palette - the brick and briskness of the whites - not blinding but distinctive.

Dan Mitchell - Pillar of the Community

Yup. I fear you're right. The pub is the pillar! The only thing I might have preferred here is for the sign to also be sharp. And wouldn't it have been hilarious if someone had gone up there and painted Saddam's beard and bushy eyebrows on the card!

it's only Tuesday. Someone else do a review or we're all going to sleep the rest of the week, guys.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822