Re: my gallery review

Thank you all for the comments on my image this week ( http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/ofverbeck.html )!

Marilyn wants more intense light, with shadows, and Emily wants more intense highlights. To be honest, I don´t; i want it soft, with emphasis on the tactility of the weathered wood. It was a sunny day, but this wall was in shadow; I don´t think I´d taken the picture if it hadn´t been. Actually, I did "lift" the wheel somewhat in PS, also darkening the edges and corners slightly, the way one would do in a wet darkroom.

Several of you don´t like the cropping. I think you do have a point there, I´m afraid... What I show isn´t the full frame, and my main concern in cropping was to avoid symmetry. Below the picture edge were lots of weeds (two leaves actually showing), and to the left was something else I´ve forgotten. In retrospect, I see I should have solved these problems then and there, instead of relying on cropping after the fact. That wheel wouldn´t have run away from me (my family would, but then I was the one who had the car keys...).

Per Öfverbeck http://foto.ofverbeck.se