Re: PHOTOFORUM digest 3341

To:
List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I know you can't do this because you shoot digital, but shooting a bright yellow sunset with tungsten film puts the balance back into an image like this without losing its soft warm feel.

Shawna,

With some digital cameras at least, you can very easily and specifically change the colour balance to whatever kelvin temperature you desire.
More interestingly to me would be to ask if in fact you would load an entire roll of tungsten film into your camera to shoot a sunset?
And!
If you were attracted to a sunset in the first place, why would you be inclined to "correct" its colours?

inquiring minds want to know...