Talbot's Stereo Photograph this week

I'm not qualified to comment critically on this week's exhibits, however I copied Bog Talbot's stereo images into Photoshop Elements, moved the two images together and printed them out in a size appropriate for my late 19th century stereopticon viewer (I can't see the 3D effect without help.). The result was a great 3D image with few obtrusive artifacts (The printing on the right hand bottle is fuzzy, but I printed a low resolution image). Congratulations!

Now for my question. I know how to find the nodal point for my Nikon 4500, the required separations between images, and I can take two images as Bob Talbot has done. But, many 3D photos are done with red/green, red/blue or vertical/horizontal polarizations superimposed on the same image. How do I accomplish that? Do I need to use filters when taking the images, or can I do it in Photoshop afterwards? Given enough time, I suppose I can figure it out, but perhaps someone on the list can help me save some of that time.

Roger --