Re: Is it there yet?

It was Bob who pointed out that the assumption is Photoshop, and he may be right. I was just saying that it isn't necessarily a bad thing in that people have accepted photographs as truth when they were anything but.

A good example is Curtis - although his efforts to document the disappearing Indian culture are laudable, he often dressed his subjects in clothes that had no relationship to the traditions he claimed they represented. Yet his photographs are still used as "authentic" representations of Indian culture. The photographs lie, but we accept that lying because it's pre-Photoshop. Now, we question everything and probably end up with more accuracy because we don't blindly accept photographs as "truth."