Re: PF Exhibits on 01-31-04

John-
Thanks for the input. I am actually not just starting out in the photography
business, just the pj side of things. I have been selling my images for 15
years to big corporations for their corporate art galleries, so I don't make
mistakes anymore like trees sticking out of heads (although I do remember those
days!). I just think that the rules are different for photojournalism because
you are dealing more with realism. Now, that doesn't mean that the cloth is not
distracting even in photojournalism. That is what I am trying to find out.
Now, for a portrait, I guess it would be. But, in photojournalism, so much of the
time you tend to break the rules like having half a blurred face in the
foreground, an arm sticking out here and there, etc. None of these things would be
acceptable in other types of photography. Anyway, that's the question I am
posing. Does the image not work coming from a photojournalism point of view? I
would love some feedback from someone in the field (John, if you are in the
field, thanks so much for the feedback and I guess I will have to be more
conscientious even in pj.).

<< Leslie, I remember when I started out a long time ago it really upset me
 when I saw--to my dismay--some flaw or other, like for instance, a tree
 growing out of someone's head that I didn't see when I was making the image.
   The best cure for that is to just keep shooting and vowing not to make the
 same mistakes twice.  In time you'll have made them all, and then get pissed
 again when you make some entirely new ones.