Re: PF Exhibits on 01-24-04

2004-01-30 kl. 03.29 skrev Emily L. Ferguson:

Per Ofverbeck - Pollard

OK. I looked it up in the dictionary and bollard seems to be the English word for what I call a cleat. The overcast light really brings up the agreeable tones of yellow and blue here, and makes the color very pleasant to view. But I'm not as ease with the placement of the cleat in the right side of the image. Something about that is not restful like the colors are in the muted light.

OK, first I got the spelling wrong, and now it becomes a "cleat"... ;-)

Seriously, looking at Emily´s site should convince anybody of her nautical competence, so "cleat" it will be. Even in Sweden we use the term "clamcleat" for a smaller, self locking device fixing e g the mainsail sheet in a sailboat.

About the placement: haven´t thought of it in those terms. As usual, I just moved the camera around a little, until I liked what I saw in the finder. Philosophistry after the fact: shouldn´t the implied tow from the lines be counteracted by an offset? What bugs me most in this picture is the two reflections of lines to the left, but not enough to clone them out.

Thank you for the comments, Emily!

Per