Re: New web site

Hi Shawna,

The background I use now is a dark gray, which is to say there are darker colors (e.g., black) I could have chosen, and that perhaps your monitor settings are a little too dark if the background appears black to you. I hadn't considered an olive color before, but I will be re-doing the home page very soon to provide viewers with a better indication of what's buried in the site, and will experiment with your suggestion. Thank you for taking the time to examine at my new site, and thank you very much for your constructive suggestion on how to improve it. Being new to web design, and having, perhaps foolishly, undertaken this venture myself, I am very interested in such comments. I sincerely appreciate your praise and recommendation.
I will take a look at your web site this evening.

Norm

Shawna Hanel wrote:

Hi Norman,

You have wonderfully dark imagery. I think though it is drowning in a sea of black. I wouldn't use a light back ground, but perhaps dark gray or olive would allow the deep blacks of your work to stand out a little more. For me straight black backgrounds work best with bright and colorful images.

Best of luck on your new adventure :-)
Shawna
http://lightwriting.net