Re: PF Gallery: The Prisoner Revealed.

At 02:35 PM 1/3/04 +0000, you wrote:
Had a great time recently visiting with
> Darryl Jones in Indianapolis, a master stereo shooter.  He uses a
pair of
> synched Hasselblads.  What do you know about synching a pair of
cheap
> digital cams for web pics?

I will look up Darryl Jones: over here Burder is "the man".

Cheap digital cams?
Has crossed my mind already I must say.
The issue, as always, is being able to synychronise the shutters -
most cheap cameras don't have remote-shutter release.

For spiders, and static subjects, I find the two-frame plus horizontal
focus rail works just fine.

I must admit if I ever have more time I would go the whole hog and get
a pair of digicam-corders.  Go for stereo movies (or was that what you
meant?).

Oh, I noticed somewhere an article on stereo panoramas!!!! Somehow I can't picture how they work. Any ideas? You should know if anyone here does.

Bob

Bob,

I was not thinking of digicam-corders but why not? ! Your spiders stay still long enough for a horizontal shift? I hadn't thought about the remote shutter on cheap digital cams. I suppose simultaneously pushing the shutters would work. That's what I do when I shoot with disposable cams stuck together.

I posted a stereo Lookaround on my web page that I built for D. Jones to try: http://www.panoramacamera.us/stereo_1.jpg
http://www.panoramacamera.us/stereo_2.jpg

He gave me some suggestions for a variable base pan camera that I hope to build. He uses wide stereo base distances for longer lenses. There is a slick over and under stereo viewer for pan prints.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.
NOW SHIPPING