Re: in Julie's shoes - was Question about lighting...

"Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@cape.com> wrote/replied to:

>You forgot to add to your list - just say no.
>
>It's not what you say, it's how you say it.  Imagine a way to wiggle
>out of that part of your work which is not in the job description.
>
>"Hmm.  You know?  Photography is really the thing I do for fun.  I
>wouldn't like to turn it into work.  That would spoil it for me
>entirely."
>
>"Oh, that doesn't sound like a good idea.  I wouldn't have any idea
>of how to do that."
>
>"Oh, no.  I'm the kind of photographer that gets the redeye and cuts
>off the tops of heads, you know, a point and shooter.  You'd need
>something much better than that."

He said that in Greece one can't refuse, it's their custom. I believe
it's the same here in Japan too. Course in America, anyone can widdle
out of anything I suppose. No offense anyone please, you know it's
true :-)

They likely already know he can take good photos, so obviously most of
what you suggest would be kind of like lying.

I think he should do as all other Greek Agronomists do - take his own
photos and enjoy it. Make the most of it. These 'extras' we do for
companies can really come into play at times. Like in lean times when
they're trying to decide who to let go...
--
Jim Davis
Nature Photography