RE: Question about lighting...

Hi Julie,

Unlike my colleagues on this list I feel that the actual question is not
HOW we can help, but it should be, IF you should be helped. The pros on
this list are not helping themselves or the other pros by assisting you.

No offense intended but this is really the realm of the professional,
qualified commercial photographer. The reason your images are low in
quality has nothing to do with the EQUIPMENT, but your actual skills.

Your company has several sites, and what looks like enough income to
hire a good photographer to do your marketing images, yet they want you
to do it for free. Even if you have basic photo skills you should not do
any photography for them without either charging them extra or (unless
you were hired to be a photographer in which case you do not have even
basic skills).
But if you are here in our forum asking basic questions you should not
be charging for image creation either.

That leads me to think that you and/your company feels that having a
better camera makes you a better photographer, which is also false. The
images you posted are barely good enough for the average company access
badge much less advertising or marketing.

Go to your manager and tell them to hire a pro you will get better
results, faster, and the images will help generate the needed business,
and you can go back to your regular job. Nothing looks worse on the
printed page then bad photography.

Les Baldwin
Professional photographer