PF List Exhibits 12-20-03 Review

My first review, 'minder that these are all critique
opinions not criticisms.

DL Shipman - Monarch Butterfly
Great color and detail on this profile shot.  Good use
for a field guide book?  The dark gray neutral
background takes it out of a nature context for me
though.

Jim Snarski - Airborne
This snap catches the middle of action--but the crop
takes my eyes from the lull of the moment.  Suggest
cropping the bottom quarter and showing more of the
swing chains to emphasize motion?

Pablo Coronel - Woodscape
Am always appreciating the abstract!  Would suggest
either more dodging or burning of the top 1/3--either
burn the entire top black or provide more detail?
Plus there's that little bump of light on the left
right above the horizon.

Per Ofverbeck - Tragopogon
Like the depth of field in this picture.  There's huge
contrast to make the flower pop, but I'd like to see
it lightened up cause there's other things to see.  My
eyes flip back and forth between the 3 major forms and
wishes for more balanced exchange of light between
them.

Jim Davis - Gulls on Post
Great placement, lighting, and use of reflection.  A
lot to ask for, but waiting on the birds to exchange
more straightforward gazes, or focus on objects beyond
the frame in a way that focuses the viewer's gaze on
them even more?  Travel pic?

Shawna Hanel - Santa Please
Good depth of field (yes, I have affection for large
f-stop snaps), but there's something (?) else I'd like
to see.  Perhaps another form?  Or cropping a few
slices off the left side and bottom so the light
corner arc isn't so obvious?  Hmm.  Yeah maybe
cropping or making that corner darker?

Laurence Bobke - Sunset in the Summer Palace
Like the golden/red colors and composition, but
overall a bit too dark for me.

Christopher Stevens - Shape of Things to Come
Neutral shot, considering the amount of activity, good
crop.  Perhaps darken the sky on the left a bit?
Photojournalism?

Pini Vollach - Forbidden Love
Should be just "Love"  :).  The tilted horizon, huge
grassy foreground, and distance from the figures gives
it a distinct clandistine feel.  Might be too much,
but something in the edges to suggest shooting behind
an object for papparazzi feel?

Bill Ellis
The preponderence of lines here is great.  Vertical
building and angled platform/wires = straight/diagonal
lines all over the place.  The contrast gives me
posterized/solarized vibes, which also works for me.
Perhaps crop that last left platform holder on the far
left, give a little more space to the right side, and
lighten the last figure (and surrounding area) on the
left from platform roof to floor.  Also a little more
burn on the window behind the second figure from the
right?

Scott Thumond
I like the form and lighting on the animal, but it
could use a little lightening and a sharper focus.
Also, not a huge fan of the computerized frame.

WR Gill - Light Rain on Duck Pond
Would like to get closer to these guys--perhaps
present as a vertical image cropping at the nose and
tail of the first and last duck?

Thanks for posting images!
Judy