Re: Thoughts on PF List Exhibits 20 DEC 03

Rand,

thanks for the nice comment.I thought about the title for a while. I could,
of course, have named the picture "abstract reflection" or something
similar.
In the end, this was one of my attempts at abstract photography, - so the
place where it was taken didn't really mean much. I guess, under the right
conditions, you could take a shot like this on any quiet water.
Personally, when I see an abstract photograph, I instantly ask myself the
following questions:
- do I like it or not?
- Why?
- what does it mean to me?
- what is it?
- how was it done?

The first three question are for the viewer to decide, I as the photographer
can only answer the last two ones.
It is of course an interesting question whether the answer to the last two
items should influence the perception of the first ones: if I see a
beautiful "landscape" and later find out that it is really a micro
photograph of the wing of an insect, does this matter?

Laurenz
http://www.onlinephotogalleries.com/

PS: I'll be gone for a week soon, so I might only be able to answer any
replies lateron.
2nd PS: I have submitted a somewhat less abstract image taken a few minutes
before for next week's gallery.