Re: Neatimage sample - or too much free time...

Bob

>PS
>Want to see the kind of detail a 10D produces?
>Actually I do: but I need to get my hands on one before I
>(consider to) buy.  As you note: the slight blurriness is
>probably explained by the jpegging.

Almost every pro who goes digital says initially that they will try it, but
they will continue to use film when it is appropriate. Almost no one ever
goes back to film. Even you will be impressed.

>PPS
>Is the raw really untreated?  Does not the camera do some
>work before you get even that.  I thought (a while back) I read
>that they filled in known dead pixels at a quite low level.

I think RAW format is just that: straight pixel recording with no
processing. While I would actually prefer that dead pixels were somehow
compensated for at a low level, people keep talking about testing for dead
pixels when the camera arrives. Not that it will do any good, because one of
the problems with digital is that pixels do die (very slowly, mind you) over
time.

pax

rand