Neatimage sample - or too much free time...

Want to know what Neatimage can do for you?
Want to see how well a image Stabilized lens works?
Want to see the kind of detail a 10D produces?
Want to see what an Egret looks like up close?

Look no further than:

http://jimdavis.oberro.com/html/neatimage.html

I should like add that I took about 12 images in this location this
morning, and all of them were this sharp. They were shot handheld by
squatting and holding the camera with elbows tripoded against my
chest, right hand on body, left on lens. As an extra data point, I had
not yet had a morning coffee :-)

I was able to approach this bird quite closely, although if I had had
to put up or move a large tripod, this bird would have flown. I rode
up to this bird on bicycle, with the dog, kept the dog back, parked
the bike, unzipped my bag, took out the camera, moved closer into my
crouch, and shot. All fairly quietly and carefully, but basically I
was lucky this bird is not too shy. He did fly later when I attempted
to get just a little bit closer.