freeware CD-checker

Hi all,

from time to time I've seen posts about data loss on CDs and related issues.

Well, I just ran across a Windoze freeware application today that describes itself as follows:

CDCheck is a utility for the prevention, detection and recovery of damaged files on CD-ROMs with an emphasis on error detection. . . . CDCheck provides the following features: readability verification, binary compare, CRC file creation (and verification) and file recovery.

It can be found at http://www.elpros.si/CDCheck/

I've not tried it, but I thought it might be of interest to some.

Best to all,

Brian van den Broek