Re: a peek at the gallery

twas written-

An odd critter indeed. I'm guessing some sort of butterfly judging by the antennae, perhaps a moth. Good luck figuring out exactly what species it is.

butterflies wings stand up together when it's landed. Moths lay flat. So that's a butterfly. I dn't know what kind either, it looks like two, with one inside the other's wings. Possibly mating?

Since it's only one half inch long, my guess is that it's one of the many and varied leafhoppers that you find all over the world. I have seen some pretty strange and beautiful members of that family in my own back yard.
Don

looks like a Hairstreak (family Lycaenidae)......take a look at

http://www.duke.edu/~jspippen/butterflies/floridahairstreaks.htm

Jim
Baja Oregon