Re: CANON D10 FOCUS PROBLEM

Karl Shah-Jenner <shahjen@iinet.net.au> wrote/replied to:

>I'd miss the shallow DOF of a larger format..  bugger all this 110-sized
>stuff - how on earth did such a ridiculously small format ever become seen
>as 'professional' anyway?
>
>mebbe when there's a realistic affordable format of around 645 or
>thereabouts I might consider digital for pro work.

DOF- now there's a word. It seems pretty darned shallow when I open up
a lens. Dunno where you get this stuff.

If you can ignore or not think about the sensor size, you might be
surprised at the quality of 12 by 18 print that you can get from a
10D. And that's all that really matters to me. Course, the fact that
my tele is longer is a bonus.

I think some people here should go out and borrow or rent a 10D and
shoot for a weekend, then come back and give your opinion. It's all
very well to say things when you really don't own the camera.

Jim Davis
- checkout the Motorcycle Headlight Relay Kit at:
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/html/bike_acc_.html