Re: What does everyone use?(thanks andy)

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 09:10:33 -0500
shy_mel_photo@juno.com wrote:

> You're totally right! It's my Microsoft Desktop Publishing program that
> is changing my jpegs into gifs. ...

Uh-huh...

> concerning the mechanics of the hardware. Now, one more new question for
> those who compose your own web pages and then upload to a server, what
> programs do you use? As I said, I'm using the MS DTP.

Ah, well I don't use anything from Micro$oft. FWIW, I use

NoteTab Pro editor (cost $10) for editing files
PaintShop Pro (cost ~$100) for editing images, both photos (jpgs) and
graphics (png or gif)
WS_FTP LE for ftp transfers
Sausage software for making tiling backgrounds
Colorpad.exe tool for checking colours/codes

It's almost a LAMP website - "Linux, Apache, Mysql, PSP", except that
pair.com run FreeBSD not Linux.

Anyway, I look for _tools_ I can learn to use, rather than _solutions_ I
have to struggle with to try to make my problem look like the problem
the solutioneer was thinking of.

Brian Chandler
Jigsaw puzzles from Japan
http://imaginatorium.org/shop/