Re: What does everyone use?(thanks Emily)

> my big question is, Will PS and Adobe work on a Windows PC? I've worked
> with a Mac and Adobe Workshop and PS in a company I used to work for. I
> loved it all. But here, on my own, I just don't have thousands of $.
> Also, is anyone familiar with the PEI Magazine? I've been reading about
> this new Leaf Valeo 22 digital camera back. It's listed for $27,500.
> Could that price be a misprint? And what exactly is a digital camera
> back?

Hi Shyrell,
Not that you would want to buy but please look at this page:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/products/cameras/dcsProBack/
proBackIndex.jhtml

(cut and paste the URL in one line). It gives some useful info about Kodak
digital back, but may also contain other info that may be useful, (explore
the left hand column menus). I think the price you quoted was not a
misprint. It may be a medium format or large format digital back. One can
attach it instead of film holder to normal bodies and capture images
digitally. The bigger the film holder, the more expensive it is (not that
digital backs are available for all formats and bodies!). Other option you
may want to consider is a new digital Hasselblad! :-)

Adobe photoshop works in both Windows and PC version. Their latest is CS (I
guess). I have PS 7.0 and it is, as somebody already said, a gold standard
in digital workflow manipulations)

But, Photoshop complete version is expensive and unless you are making
money to recover the cost, unwarranted for casual use (like submitting
images to the Photoforum gallery). :) I am lucky that I need to have PS for
my work, so I get it to use free for my non-work related activities.

Photosmart scanner is a pretty good one for bucks spent for general use
like webpages and prints upto 8X10 (from 35mm negatives or slides). I use
my Photosmart scanner with third-party VueScan software (of Ed Hammerick).
It is much better than the software that came with the scanner (anybody
else has opinions about VueScan?)

I hope this helps,
achal