RE: Gallery Reviews 11/22/03

-----Original Message-----
From: shy_mel_photo@juno.com [mailto:shy_mel_photo@juno.com]

Greg Fraser--Lunch--No lunch? My whole career I've tried to avoid B&W because if God did not want us to see in color (fill in the blanks). But this is one of those photos that makes me want to throw out all my color film. Fantastic gray scale from the whites of the place mat and chairs to the back of this little boy's jacket. Even though his right shoulder is lost in the darkness, it is in perfect contrast to his face and his haggard, hungry look. I do like this one.

********

Thanks for your comments Shyrell. Although I have now gone back to shooting only B&W, this image was shot on Kodak Portra NC. I converted it and did a LOT of dodging, burning and curves adjustments in Photoshop to get it to look realistic.

Greg