Re: PF Galleries on 11/22/03

At 10:20 AM 11/26/03 -0800, you wrote:

Why?  A simple composition rule easily results in trite compositions if
used because it's a "belief."<<<

I am currently in a "debate" with a fellow shooter who believes the rule of
no foreground should be out of focus. I disagree. Composition is a part of
the overall art form, and out of focus foregrounds work when treated with
respect. He just can't see it, even tries to overide the success.

In a recent slide show, he could be heard saying about one of my slides to
the critiquer (is that a word?) that my foreground (out of focus) was a
mistake and the rule specifically states no foreground can be out of focus
and the critiquer should say so.

All my photographic life, I have struggled to balance being in and out of
the box.

Take care, Gregory david Stempel FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g www.americanphotojournalist.com "The brave ones were shooting the enemy, the crazy ones got it on digital"

Gregory,

View camera users can be fiends about getting everything in sharp focus whether it means anything to the picture or not. Challenge him - what's his authority on this?

AZ

.

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.