Re: PF Galleries on 11/22/03

At 7:48 AM -0500 11/24/03, ADavidhazy wrote:
   This announcement is late in being posted due to mail redistribution
                  difficulties at RIT over the weekend.

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated 22 Nov. 03. Authors
with work now on display at  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html  include:

Trevor Cunningham - Take it all while you can

i'm completely puzzled by this image. Looks like it's some sort of billboard of a person with bag of something on a horse, seems to be propped up and I see the props. So the front is facing where I can't see it.

What the pyramid has to do with the billboard is also unclear.

Greg Fraser - Lunch

interesting hair light, interesting shirt, not sure about the title - seems like the kid should be anticipating the meal, somehow, instead of looking like the whole thing is a setup.

Shawna Hanel - Creation

rough environment for creating - sterile. And surrounded by plastic. perhaps you are saying something about the impossibility of repressing the urge to germinate? I think there's a bit too much image beyond the bow of the plastic boat.

Per Ofverbeck - Last Supper

eerie randomness about the plates. Were they ever recepticals for food, or always so clean. Perhaps the summer never got consumed at all? The randomness of the plates and cleanliness of them makes me think the eaters never got to the last meal.

Pini Vollach - Windows to Estonia

Really excellent balance between the brightness inside and that outside. Either you dodged the print or used fill flash with consummate skill. (Did I miss some commentary on this?). Interesting, too, the reach of this language, such that even the ugly words have made it into the edge of Estonia. I feel a conflict of focal point between the interior and exterior content, rather than a complementariness. Not sure whether I'd prefer that the windows be the focus or the interior, but both leaves me feeling like the photographer isn't sure of which to emphasize.

Jose Luis Vasconcellos - Rock, earth, life

I like this a lot. I like the layers, and contrasting textures. But I'm wondering whether the moss in the foreground is moss or rocks in front of the focussed area.

Dan Mitchell - Denver Windmill

Not Colorado, hey? Boy, assumptions really give away one's self absorption. Sorry about that. I guess I'd prefer less foreground and less on the right. But I like the red roof and blue sky. Also I think it would be better if you had a 12 foot ladder and shot from up much higher.

Jim Davis - Peaceful Panning

This bird shot seems not quite so sharp as usual. film too slow? And I guess I agree, there should be less space behind the bird for my taste. I think it would highlight the shovelling effect.

Veli Cigirgan -

Oh, this is one hell of a great pic! I think you did a fabulous job. So spiffy.

Uh. How DID you get them to sit still long enough!?

Jeff Spirer - Alcatraz

I dunno Jeff. There's something about this that isn't up to your usual standards, something cliché. Sorry. Your work often reveals both your sense of humor and your ability to capture what's outside the box. This one isn't a big contributor to that, to me. Just too obvious.

Bob Talbot - Whodunit

Great! You came across this moment of real life death and it was vivid. Made it easier to shoot, the vivid part, but the noticing is the great part.

onward and upward. Must go look at my defrosting scallops and begin the pie crust.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@cape.com 508-563-6822