RE: PF Galleries on 11/22/03

Hi Emily,

It was pleasure to read it.
You R right about your feelings about the photo.
There is no complementariness between inside and outside and that is the
reason some reviewers
wanted me to show them the outside landscape instead of the wall.
You formulated it more successfully to my taste.
Maybe it could be more interesting if there were some outstanding objects
seen through the windows
but unfortunately there were not.
You noticed the difficulty I had balancing the inside / outside exposure.
I took the exposure measure outside through the window and add reduced
fill flash for the inside. No dodge was done.
I myself was very satisfied when getting the developed slide.

Pini

_______________________
Pini Vollach
http://www.pinimage.com

>                Pini Vollach - Windows to Estonia

Really excellent balance between the brightness
inside and that outside.  Either you dodged the
print or used fill flash with consummate skill.
(Did I miss some commentary on this?).
Interesting, too, the reach of this language,
such that even the ugly words have made it into
the edge of Estonia.  I feel a conflict of focal
point between the interior and exterior content,
rather than a complementariness.  Not sure
whether I'd prefer that the windows be the focus
or the interior, but both leaves me feeling like
the photographer isn't sure of which to emphasize.