Re: Tedious Arguments

> >FWIW, the photo referenced is much closer  to the "rule" than many
others.
> >Mine, for example, has nothing to do with thirds, and neither did
the last
> >two I posted (potty in the Alcatraz shower room and the Golden Gate
> >Bridge).  Shots by others in the gallery did fine without adhering
to the
> >"rule."  And I think we will see many fine shots in the future that
do not
> >follow the "rule."
>
> The argument to discard rules is almost as tedious as the argument
to keep
> them.

John

Indeed.

If the rules already mean so little to you that you  routinely break
them then why are they a big enough deal to argue against?

I don't sit there behind the camera with "rule of thirds" chanting
through my mind but I will, on occasion, mention it to explain how I
think a photo could be better. (or sometimes why a photo worked
despite breaking it).   It's the same for "space to move" , "leading
lines" etc etc.

Chances are though the real reason I ever thought of mentioning
"rules" at all was ***I didn't like the picture*** and was just trying
to explain why concisely.   "Rule of thirds": three words!.   Try
saying the same thing.

What is tedious for me is someone jumping on a reviewer's head for not
delivering comments in the way expected.

Bob