RE: Perspective thing (RE: Some questions from an exam for youramusement.)

I read Andy's questions and have come to one conclusion.......my head hurts and I need a nap.

Angi

From: Peeter Vissak <pv@hot.ee>
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu>
Subject: RE: Perspective thing (RE: Some questions from an exam for youramusement.)
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 01:34:43 +0200

The longitudinal distance between objects is possessing relative nature. From very far the differences between relative distances will be negligible.

What makes real difference with different angles of view is the fact that using very short focal lengths one can eliminate distracting foreground elements, simply leaving them behind his/her back. Such images, especially if taken of well and widely known objects, differ essentially from usual views.

And vice versa -- One can deliberately add foreground elements, using longer focal lengths.

The question remains -- which one of the views (or vistas) is the *normal' or 'usual' one?

Regards, Peeter Vissak pv@hot.ee 2003-11-21

online games and music with a high-speed Internet connection! Prices start at less than $1 a day average. https://broadband.msn.com (Prices may vary by service area.)