RE: Dirty Pictures

> My slides introduce dust into my scanner, despite many puffs of
> canned air and applications of my father's camels hair brush.  I keep
> my scanner covered except when in use.  Period.
>
> also I blow the scanner out with the canned air before I use it.
> --
> Emily L. Ferguson

Well my scanner cost me a fortune. It is manufactured under modern 'cost saving' processes which means its made of the lightest, most delicate materials possible and I would assume operates under rather strict tolerances. There is no way I would blow compressed air in there. If it didn't knock something out of whack it would at least distribute the dust throughout the works. I'm not even comfortable giving the negatives a blast but that's just my opinion.

Greg